Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hillary the nutcracker


When first I saw this satirical object, my hackles rose. Hillary, the nut-cracker?
But, then I thought about it. Hillary, the nutcracker, is no bad thing.
The symbolism here is not what the makers intended.

It is about time that the nuts were cracked.

I would never call myself a card-carrying feminist since I despise sexism of any ilk.
However, the Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld patriarchy, the patronising attitudes, the macho hubris...these need cracking, cracked down upon, crunched into the miserable place they will assume in the history books.

Hillary the nutcracker is a fine campaign tool.
I want one.

1 comment:

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

A functional, plastic 9 inch nutcracker with stainless steel teeth secured inside upper legs to grip and crack nuts like Paul Wolfowitz, Alberto Gonzales, John Bolton, Dan Bartlett, Lewis "Scooter" Libby and Condoleeza Rice and of course Cheney, Bush and Rumsfeld...